Want to learn new ways to make extra money?
Join 1,000,000+ monthly readers in getting updates and cool freebies:
This position is not currently available. To view our other listings, see our Careers page.
DollarSprout is looking for an experienced Personal Finance Staff Writer who is eager to join a quickly growing team.
As a Staff Writer, you will play a key role in helping our 1M+ monthly readers easily understand complex financial topics and discover new ways to manage their money. DollarSprout readers come to our site for simple, clear, actionable explanations and insights to their money questions. You’ll work closely with company leadership to execute a written content strategy that focuses on two key areas: future growth and ongoing improvements to existing content.
The ideal candidate has previous staff writing experience at publications similar to DollarSprout.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Learning and adopting the DollarSprout brand voice
- Writing 1-4 long-form blog posts per week depending on content needs in any of our current content verticals (Make Money, Money Management, Banking, and Investing)
- Adding or replacing copy to existing content under the direction of an Editor
- Cultivating a network of trusted sources for quotes within content
- Researching any companies, tools, apps, concepts, etc., that we are highlighting in our content.
- Routinely work to explore new content opportunities with an SEO-focused strategy.
- Work with Editorial Team to ensure new and existing content meets two key goals: 1) DollarSprout brand voice, and 2) SEO best practices.
- Leverage data and analytics to measure content performance and work closely with other editorial team members to make necessary revisions.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of writing experience at a similar publication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or other related fields are preferred.
- Prior experience in financial services journalism or content creation with a basic understanding of compliance guidelines.
- Experience in affiliate marketing is preferred.
- Must be able to hit deadlines.
- Can write using AP Style guidelines.
- Is comfortable working remotely. Strong communication skills and self-starting initiative are musts.
You Should be Comfortable with Using:
- Analytics Software
- Webmaster Tools
- Relevant SEO tools
- Google Drive
- Email (attentiveness is important)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $47,000-$55,000 yearly salary depending on experience
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Laptop stipend
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and sick leave balance
- 100% remote work. Co-working space stipend available.
Think you might be a good fit?
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Personal Finance Staff Writer”. We look forward to hearing from you!